7. What is your favorite card (both in terms of the deck’s artwork and divinatory meaning)?
Favorite in the Minor Arcana:
The three of wands is all about seeing what is there. It’s about the big picture. For some reason I love it. I appreciate the symbolism in the Smith-Style illustrated minors. I love the way it appears in many “pip” decks (decks with non-illustrated minors such as the Tarot De Marseilles in the lower right of the above image).
Favorite in the Major Arcana.
As far as favorite card visually, I have always been drawn to the Hanged Man.
The Hanged Man means different things to me depending on how the card is placed and what intuition tells me, here are a few thoughts:
- Ultimate surrender. Winning by conceding to the course you know needs to be taken.
- Sacrifice. Giving up for the good of others your wants. Seeing wants as less important than needs
- Deciding to take the action that is unpopular, but moral.
- Tests and trials
- Suspension, waiting, holding off in making a decision
- Taking time to think, but working while you do so
30 days of Tarot challenge – by The Tarot Sybarite (Full list here).